PS4 DUALSHOCK CONTROLLER ON A PC
HOW TO USE THE PS4 CONTROLLER ON PC
The ps4 DualShock controller is a line of gamepads with vibration-feedback and analog controls developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation family of systems. the ps4 dualshock controller is capable of providing vibration feedback, based on the onscreen actions taking place in the game (but that’s if the game supports it), as well as analog input through two analog sticks. This is for guys that hate playing game with the keyboard, but preferred using a game controller pad, you are going like this. Because the idea of PC games with a controller is a live changing plan.
1. Download DS4Windows
The software is called DS4Windows and it makes connecting the PS4 controller to your PC incredibly simple. To get it from the DS4Windows website just download the latest build from the GitHub page. It basically fools your PC into thinking the connected DualShock 4 is an Xbox 360 controller, which is supported in Windows. Using the PS4 DualShock 4 controller on your PC is pretty simple, it’s not quite plug-and-play, as you’ll need to install an additional piece of software to get it working on your PC.
2. Install DS4Windows
- Search for the downloaded Zip file, right-click on it and select and Extract All.A window will pop up asking you where you want to extract the files to. You can either choose to extract them to the folder to which you downloaded the zip file, or choose another folder.
- Once the files have been extracted the destination folder will open, and you’ll see two files. One, DS4Updater.exe, is a program that will keep the DS4Windows program updated with the latest drivers, so it’s worth running this file if you encounter problems later.
- Double-click the second file, DS4Windows.exe, to begin the setup procedure that will get the PS4 Dualshock Controller working on your PC.
3. Set up DS4Windows
- When you launch DS4Windows for the first time you’ll be asked where you want your settings and profiles to be saved , we’d recommend using the default selection of Appdata
- A new window will open. Click ‘Install the DS4 Driver’ to enable you to use the PS4 DualShock controller in Windows 8, Windowsws 8.1, and Windows 10
4. Connect the PS4 controller to your PC via US
- Now you can be able to connect your PS4 DualShock 4 controller to your PC. You can achieve this in two ways either through a USB cable or via Bluetooth.
- To connect the PS4 DualShock controller to your PC via a USB cable you just need a regular micro USB cable – the same one that comes with many modern smartphones.
- Once your cable is plugged into both the DualShock controller and your PC, it will be detected by the Windows and you’ll be ready to play your PC games with the PS4 controller.
5. Connect the PS4 controller to your PC via Bluetooth
- One of the best things about using the PS4 DualShock 4 controller on your PC is that you can use it wirelessly, giving you far more flexibility when gaming.
- Now to pair the PS4 controller via Bluetooth, press and hold the central PS Button and the Share button for three seconds until the lightbar at the top of the controller begins to flash.
- Next you open up the Bluetooth settings on your PC. In Windows 10click on the speech bubble icon in the Taskbar at the bottom-right corner of your screen. This opens up the Action Center – from there click Bluetooth and then select Wireless Controller.
- You may be asked to enter a pair code – if so type in 0000. The PS4 DualShock controller will now be connected wirelessly to your PC.
Hope this post was helpful use the comment box below if you have any question Thanks for visiting and do come back for more info and updates.