Homepod is a smart speaker developed by Apple Inc. It was announced on June 5, 2017, at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference, and originally scheduled for release in December 2017. The HomePod has a rounded, cylindrical shape, and has a small touchscreen on its top. It has seven tweeters in its base and a four-inch woofer (Apple does not specify Hz frequency range) towards the top, as well as six microphones used for voice control and acoustic optimization.
The HomePod was “pretty good, rich and full for its size, better than the Sonos One but probably not $150 better, [and] a galaxy ahead of the Echo. HomePod is a breakthrough speaker that adapts to its location and delivers high-fidelity audio wherever it’s playing.
Developer: Apple Inc.
Manufacturer: Inventec (under contract) Foxconn (under contract)
Type: Smart speaker
Release date: 9 February 2018 (7 months ago) 18 June 2018 (3 months ago)
Introductory price: US$349, CA$449, GB£319, A$499
Units sold: 1-3 million
Operating system: Custom
System-on-chip used: Apple A8
Memory: 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM
Storage: 16 GB
Display: 272 x 340 LED matrix
Sound: 7 tweeters, 4-inch (10 cm) woofer, 6 microphones
Input: Multi-touch screen, voice commands via Siri
Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO Bluetooth 5.0 Direct peer-to-peer access from iPhone 5S or later; iPad Pro, iPad (2017), iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 or later; or iPod Touch (6th generation); devices running iOS 11.2.5 or later[citation needed
Dimensions: 6.8 in × 5.6 in (170 mm × 140 mm)
Weight: 5.5 lb (2.5 kg)
also check: iPhone XS Full Specification, Details, Release Date, Price in USA,UK, Canada, France, Nigeria, Germany
This new apple software update will bring the following new features and functionality
- Users will be able to place phone calls directly from the HomePod
- Users will be able to listen to voicemails on the HomePod.
- The HomePod will work with Find My iPhone so users will be able to get it to play a sound on that device
- Deep bass with range you can feel.
- Far and away an incredible listener.
- High-fidelity audio that’s all around you.
- The biggest brain ever in a speaker.
- Designed to be seen and heard.
- Set more than one timer.
- This pod will automatically join the WiFi network that your iPhone is using. After the update getting the HomePod to switch to another network
- There will an be improved language support.
- The HomePod will be able to relay the audio from group FaceTime calls
- You’ll be able to search for songs by Lyrics.
- Trigger Siri Shortcuts via the HomePod.
- you will be able to set off chains of events with a single command.
(if you ‘re with the right Homepod accessories).
Hope this post was helpful. And feel free to use the comment box below If you have any question . Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and also share. Thanks for visiting and do come back for more info and updates.